Sunday, July 11, 2010

So what did I learn?

First, I learned that I (as well as my amazing husband) can handle A LOT!  Saturday was very trying, and tiring.  We had Little Miss, and her mom forgot to send her last days worth of medicine.  She was in ODD, RAD and ADHD mode ALL DAY!  It tested my patience to the point that I felt like I was going to explode.  I didn't though, neither did my husband, and I am proud of both of us.  

The boys were a bit of a handful when Little Miss was here, but since she left, they've been much easier to handle.

Saturday, we went to a local kids museum.  It was fun.  We basically picked the rooms with only one entrance/exit and guarded the door as the kids ran free.  My wonderful little sister was with us, and she helped out so much with keeping the kids engaged.  Because of her helpfulness, she and my husband are currently at the local Fair enjoying rides, as I wait here with the boys for their parents to pick them up. 

We took everyone to the fair earlier today and the boys did amazingly well.  They were a bit overstimulated, and tired, but they handled their emotions well.  

I want to meet "our girls".  I am tired of waiting to see their little faces.  We're "supposed" to meet this weekend.  We were slated to provide respite for the two kids 11 and 16 we did respite for a few weeks back.  We just don't want to do their respite though Wednesday-Sunday!  It's too much for us to handle for that long with those two.  We heard from our worker that they're supposed to be removed from their current home this coming week, so hopefully we can dodge that respite!   If not, I am just going to have to tell them we can't.   The 16 year old has no where to go during the day, and she CERTAINLY won't be staying alone at my house! 

We will see what happens.  I am ready for the boys to go home so that I can sleep!  I also want to say for the record, I do miss Little Miss very much.   Additionally, when I do use respite, I will actually call to check on my kids.  These boys are adopted, and their parents haven't even called to check on them!  I am a complete stranger that met them 48 hours ago....  it's just strange to me! 

No comments: