Friday, July 2, 2010

The Differences in Waiting!

It is so hard for me to believe that this time, one year ago, I was on my first round of Clomid to try and have a baby!  When I look back on the last year, it is amazing to me what we've been through, and how fast my husband and I have moved through life! 

In December 2009, my husband found out his company was closing, and he would be without a job come the new year.   He found a new job, contract work, and they let him go once the work was done, and now he's at a whole new job.   We almost moved, but thankfully it didn't come to that point.  

In January 2010, we decided to stop the fertility treatments, we weren't getting anywhere and honestly, I just felt this pull towards fostering and adopting.   We were done with waiting... waiting two weeks for a negative, waiting two+ more for a period, waiting waiting waiting!  

Now here we are a year later, and we have another wait!  This time though, we're so excited.  We're waiting to meet two little girls that have NO IDEA we are dying to meet them.  They have no idea that last night we talked about bedroom layouts, and what vacations we will take.  They don't know us, and we don't know them, but as much as we're trying not to get our hopes up, we're already beginning to love them!   My dreams were filled with what they look like, what their personalities are like.  I realize that reality will hit me in the face once we meet them, and they will probably be a handful just by the nature of their life circumstances and them being so close in age.   Right now though, I am just trying to stay positive and hoping that they will like us and be a good fit for our home. 

So I will continue waiting, and after that wait ends, I know we will have to wait a little longer, but in the end, we very well may have two little girls that will be ours, and I can't think of anything better in this world to have to wait on. 

No comments: