Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Where have I been???

Well, we had a pretty calm weekend!  I was basking in the glory of CALM!   To date, really no hell has broken loose this week.  Of course today is Therapy day so I am sure I might see some crazies this afternoon. 

We've started giving Layla her Melatonin for nap time as well when she is at home.  That little sassy butt can not survive without a nap.  If she has a nap she is angelic, loving, sweet, cuddly, obiedient, and pretty much a joy!   If she DOESN'T have a nap...BRING ON THE TANTRUM!   So Saturday she took 3.5 hours to NOT nap, threw a huge tantrum, and then passed out cold at 4:00 in the afternoon.   She mentioned the reason she couldn't nap is because it was boring (I will agree to disagree on that one), and she only sleeps at night because she has her medicine (Mirtazapine for anxiety, and 5mg of Melatonin).  

So, Sunday, I thought maybe we should try the Melatonin at nap time.  Our sitter comes on Sunday as they are going down for their naps (MK loves to nap), so I gave Layla her Melatonin at lunch time.  SHE NAPPED!!!  FOR 3 HOURS!!!  Then she woke up happy and they went outside on a nature walk with their babysitter (who we all love to pieces).   When we arrived home at dinner time, she was in a fun mood with sweetness overflowing from her tiny little self! 


I told you all of that to tell you this.   Seeing myself be able to show them patience, kindness, and a little bit of understanding makes a HUGE difference in them.  Between work, home, doctor visits, kids, and husband I am WORN OUT!   I love my job, but I love my family more, so one of the two had to go... and it was the JOB! 

I gave my two-weeks notice yesterday, and my last day is APRIL 20TH!!!    Then we go to Florida for a week.  (I will blog that in a seperate post)

No comments: