Friday, July 1, 2011

New Doctors

The scariest thing about moving was loosing our professional support system.  My personal support system is spread out all over the country, so I knew I would still have access to them.  (Side note: Most of my personal support is by the moms over at  http://therapeuticmoments.blogspot.com)

I joined a local trans-racial families group which led us to finding our new pediatrician.  We had our appointments on Tuesday, and she is phenomenal.   I was so concerned I wouldn't ever be able to replace our doctor in VA.  Our new doctor is the younger, more energetic version of her though!  

She is prescribing the girls medications, with an ultimate goal of trying therapy as well, and slowly weaning them from the anxiety medications in another year and a half.  Which I am totally on board with trying, and as she stated, "If it doesn't work out, then we will continue until they are ready to be weaned."

She is so sweet and kind and very great with my girls.  She is able to read between the lines when I speak with them in the room.   She's even gone the extra mile to seek out great therapists for us.

One thing we have to do is get MK a vision exam.  Her eyes are still not doing well even with the glasses.  So we hope to get that fixed in the next few months.  We are seeing a pediatric ophthalmologist this time, so hopefully that will contribute to a better result.

Overall, the move has been great.  We hope the other house will sell quickly.   The girls start school July 11th.  So next week we will be shopping for supplies and getting them set for their first day.  They are so excited!

I am training for a 5K.  I'm doing the C25K program.  I'm very excited and I feel so energized.  I'm also watching what I eat and we are packing lunches and not eating out during the week.  The only time the hubby and I will be eating out is on our date day.  

That's all for now!  I will post more updates soon.  For now I will leave you with a picture of the girls. From Christmas 2010 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for finding replacements for your current support system!!!

Marty Walden said...

Just so you know, my new bloggy friend wrote a new post and commented on YOUR comment on her blog. Wow, does that make sense? Just thought you'd like to know. I think it means we all got to her! You're doing a great job, mom, and your girls are blessed!

Mean Mama said...

Just get the basic school supplies that the kids need to get them through the first month of school. Do not go hog wild on it. Because in the beginning of August there is a tax free weekend for all things possibly school related. Everyone shops but no taxes is a good thing.
Glad you are settling into NC. I will be in touch soon and maybe my girl can meet your girls.

CandCFamily said...

I am soooo happy that you love her as much as we do. She is awesome.