Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our Hearts Are Sad...

Over this past weekend, we found out a close friend of ours passed away.  He and I met through work about 8 years ago, and he quickly became a good friend to my husband and I.  They would play guitar and pretend to be able to sing.  He and my husband were both fans of sci-fi.   Just a good guy that could always make you chuckle with an off-beat joke. 

"Uncle Sean" was also a photographer, and he was there the night we got engaged with a camera in hand (and we got engaged rather spontaneously),  he was there to photograph our wedding, and just last month, we took a ton of family photos with him.  

It's hard to imagine loosing a friend this early in my life.  He was only 43 and died suddenly of a heart-attack while on vacation with his wife and friends.  We didn't talk every day, or even every week, but we could always pick up right where we left off... we will miss you Sean!   As both of my daughters said, "My heart is sad!"

I will leave you with my favorite photo of the girls and I, taken by him.

2 comments:

DeeChloRox said...

I'm so sorry. Uncle Sean sounds like he was a great guy!

Kate said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.