Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Difficult Voice

Tonight I was cuddling my MK at bedtime.  She goes, "Mommy, I need to whisper something to you in your ear".  So I told her go head.  What she said made me SO sad for her, but SO happy she "gets" it. 

"Mommy I have this difficult voice inside of me.  The voice says, MK you're a bad kid.  You don't deserve to be loved by anyone.  You are just a big joke.  But I am telling that voice with my brain, that it is wrong and I am stronger than it so I am just going to push that voice out of my body because it doesn't make me happy".

I am hopeful that she will eventually push that voice out of her.  I explained to her for the first time tonight that she isn't the only kid that feels that way and has that voice.  That I know she is strong enough to stand up for herself.

I love those little moments where she "lets me in" to her mind. 

2 comments:

Hurdles of Life said...

That's wonderful.. maybe you could work on those "list two good things you did today." and feed her the cookie :D

Congrats!!

Giorgianni said...

That breaks my heart, but as you said...it's so good she is letting you in! What a precious moment...