Friday, June 4, 2010

One Year Ago....

Tomorrow will be one year since I decided I wanted to become a mom.  My husband and I began our relationship not really wanting children.  I think some of it was based in our own insecurities early on, then throw my PCOS and infertility into the mix, and it was just easier to say we didn't want kids than to explain the who, what, when, where, why, and how. 

We tried the good ol' fashioned child substitutes, God-Children, nieces, nephews, dogs, and cats, but as anyone who has tried that knows, it just doesn't last very long, because as much as my pets would love a bedtime story and to be tucked in, I am not that crazy!  :)

I decided I wanted to be a mom when I looked across the room and saw my amazing husband holding my niece at her 7th birthday party, tickling and picking on her.   After that, I knew there was NO WAY I could go on without at least trying to get pregnant and/or adopting.

To be honest, before we tried to have one of our own, we discussed fostering on many occasions.  Then we said, we would just try for a bio, and if it didn't happen with oral medications, we wouldn't go any further, and we would switch to adoption.

So here we are, a year later.  Many tears shed, many smiles cracked, and more in love than I ever imagined we could be.   Hoping to adopt from foster care.

We can't wait to welcome children into our home and show them all of the love and guidance they so dearly deserve! 

Also, I think the dogs are really looking forward to the extra attention!  Let us pray that attention is ALWAYS positive!

No comments: