Friday, May 14, 2010

I will not obsess....

So we submitted for the girls less than 24 hours ago, and I PROMISED my wonderful husband I wouldn't obsess or get my hopes hung up on being considered for them. Well, of course last night, every freakin' dream I had surrounded those two girls being in our lives. Thankfully, when I woke up this morning I was able to think of things other than the girls. It was just so weird how vivid and real my dreams were. We were at a swimming pool in one of them and I was freaking out because my husband wasn't using enough sunscreen, then he said "Honey, they're Hispanic, they don't need sunscreen". It was weird! I'll be sure to tell my husband tonight that you don't have to be "white" to get a sunburn! :)

The nice thing is that I am going to Florida May 28-June 7, so that will distract me from all of this waiting and such.

So, I suppose I should actually do some work now. Or, maybe I will just go and surf adoptuskids.org


***Edited to Add*** this was my horoscope today on my iGoogle home page. It felt it was appropriate for this blog post:

Taurus


It's one thing to anticipate the future so you can be ready for all contingencies. It's quite another, though, to be so wrapped up in what might happen that you lose control of the present moment. Even if you are already thinking ahead, you may need to slow yourself down today or your frustration will soon outweigh your enthusiasm.