Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day and Stuff!

WOW! I can’t believe it’s been a month since we completed our PRIDE training. Last week on Tuesday I received a call for a respite placement, sadly the dates lined up with my Florida vacation to visit my mom, so I had to turn it down. Then I received another call for respite Thursday, for Friday night during our Foster Parent Appreciation dinner, but my husband and I really wanted to attend the dinner, so we said “no” to that as well.

The dinner was very nice. It was at the fanciest hotel in our town, and there was a remarkable turn out. We were able to reconnect with some of our PRIDE folks and found out that none of them have placements or have had calls for respite yet. That is mostly due to the fact that they have had to do their fingerprints THREE times for the women in the couples. I am so happy ours were prefect on the first try! At this dinner I also found out that one of my co-workers has two boys that he and his wife adopted from FC. They were straight adoption placements because TPR had already occurred. When they came home to my co-worker they were 3 and 5 (boys). Now they’re teenagers!

Yesterday was both my 26th birthday and Mother’s Day. It’s crazy for me to think that next year, I could be a mother.

Although we are foster parents and are very open to adopting through foster care, my husband and I are also discussing trying for a bio child too. I am going to begin a new weight-loss program this month that is targeted at helping my PCOS. It’s a low-glycemic diet that is also based around organic foods. I really hope to see success because up to this point I haven’t had any success loosing weight no matter what I do.

I think that if I can loose 50lbs over the next year, I will not only be in better shape, but I will also return to a normal cycle that should allow me to conceive.

So we will see. I want to be a mom, but some days, I just do not know how people do it. Usually it’s on a Sunday when I’ve laid around all day watching TV. I know life is going to change, and I am ok with that.

So happy Mother’s Day to all of my mother/soon-to-be mother friends and to my mom.

My mom is one of the strongest, focused, and laid back people I know. She became a single mom at 26 to four kids. She really was a single mom before then, but legally she was a single mom at 26. She did her best to provide a loving stable home for us kids despite my father not being in the picture aside from financially. She always expected the best of us, but when we made mistakes, she helped us learn the lesson and guided us back to better decisions. She listens more than she speaks, which is a virtue I could only hope to one day possess. I love you mom for being my mom! I know you see the beauty in all of your children, and I want you to know I too see the beauty in you!

No comments: