Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How Did We End Up Here?

Well, my husband and I met Halloween-eve 2002. It was pretty much love at first sight, and our relationship progressed quickly. New Years Eve 2004 we became engaged, then one year later on New Years Eve 2005 we were married. Our life together is wonderful. We have four dogs and two cats, and nieces and nephews, but something is missing. We didn't really "want" kids, if it happened fine, if not it was okay, I have PCOS, so I think it made me feel less of a failure if I just said I didn't want to have kids.

After finding out my sister was pregnant, not planned, for the third time, I think something in my mind happened, maybe my biological clock struck 12:00. After my niece Sammy's 7th birthday, I knew what was missing, a child.

It was like a scene in a movie, I looked across the room, and there was my husband, holding my niece in his arms, tickling and picking at her...and all I could think was, "If we don't at least try for a baby, I will regret it the rest of my life". Seeing him in that moment, made my heart melt. So after some very long discussions, we decided that we would give it a go. We are currently one month into the process, and are moving up from 50mg of Clomid to 100mg's. I will post more each time I learn something new.

No comments: