Monday, November 8, 2010

ADHD... and Sensory Disorder!

Well, it is official, our 6 year old Molly is diagnosed with a Sensory Processing Disorder, as well as ADHD.  When her PCP entered the office today, before I said a word, Molly was bouncing around etc.  She said, "I guess the Prozac worked, and I know why you're here"!   She started Molly on Vyvanse every morning for the ADHD.   She said we should see an instant difference.  I sure hope she is right. 

Due to the recent impulsiveness that Molly has displayed, we have decided to limit any "pop" music.  So, I am happy we get to turn off the Top 40 station and listen to some "real" music!  I sort of have an old soul when it comes to my music anyway.  

Molly's favorite song at this moment is "Sitting on The Dock Of The Bay" by Otis Redding.  

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love that song too!

Glad you have a diagnosis. My husband has fairly severe ADHD. I highly recommend the books Driven to Distraction and Delivered from Distraction, both by Edward Hallowell and John Ratey. They really helped me understand Bryan's disorder and how to help him - and not go crazy in the process!