My in-real-life friend Carly from CandC Family Blog tagged me, and I am finally getting around to this. I realize I am supposed to tag 11 people, but most of those who I follow already have something similar to this on their blog... so forgive me for not continuing the chain on this.
There are some rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
4. Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
5. Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
Eleven random things about me:
1. As a child/teen/adult I did a parody TV show. It was called "Funny Stuff" and aired on cable access in my town. Once we ended that show we started a scripted "mock-umentary" in the style of "The Office" about a gospel radio station that was changed to a pop station yet kept the same quirky, religious staff. I filmed up until I moved to NC, but make guest appearances from time to time.
2. I have a radio show that airs in Virginia. It's a show about random stuff regarding the entertainment world, mostly TV. I record it via Skype now with my best childhood friend. It's an hour a week for me to have fun and talk about funny things.
3. I love really off beat music. Most of my favorite songs haven't ever been on the radio. In fact due to the editing required some of them wouldn't even be the same song if they aired on the radio.
4. My favorite movie of all time is "Mermaids" starring Cher, Wynona Rider, and Christina Ricci. I just love it. I will watch it any time it is on TV, and was lucky enough to find it on DVD about 2 years ago for $5 at Big Lots.
5. I have a tendency to get REALLY into something and then lose interest rather quickly. For that reason I have many things I start and don't finish, and many hobbies that lay by the wayside after a short period of time. I usually pick them back up again eventually.
6. I REALLY love doing home improvement stuff. I especially love anything that gives me an instant result. Painting is a good example.
7. Although I grew up in a Christian family, my grandparents have a gospel group, and my best friend's dad is a pastor, we are a non-religious family. We do encourage our kids to learn about several religions though so that they are informed.
8. My nick-name in middle school was "Giraffe". I was super tall, long neck, and very lanky. It was fitting for sure.
9. I wear flip-flops year round. I do own some "real" shoes, but they just collect dust. I invest in pedicures instead of shoes.
10. My husband is my rock, I would be lost without him. I don't think there is anything he doesn't know about me. We have a great marriage and I only wish every child and wife had a person like him to depend on.
11. Of all of the places in the world to live, I really like where I live now! Raleigh is so great for families, I've made amazing friends here, and our family fits into the community and was welcomed with open arms. We're a few hours from the mountains and the beach.
Eleven questions from Carly:
1. What’s your favorite meal of the day? Dinner
2. Who do you talk to most in your extended family? My sister
3. What was your last New Years Resolution? I wanted to get healthier.
4. What is your favorite pet? My dogs
5. Have you ever travelled outside of the country? Only to Canada and the Bahamas.
6. Ideal Vacation? I'd really love to go places we've never been and learn about other cultures. I feel very niave sometimes about places around the world.
7. If you have kids, do you regret the names you chose for them? Thankfully, I like my girl's names. Layla chose her name, and Makayla came to us with her's but I liked it. Layla's name before was Alayaze (Alize) like the liquor beverage... so we're happy she chose to change it.
8. What kind of music do you listen to? I love weird music, but country is probably the most mainstream I get these days.
9. Favorite drink? Sweet Tea... although I am off of it now since I started weight watchers.
10. What kind of books do you read? LOL... parenting books usually. Otherwise they are audio books.
11. Hobby? If so, what? Crafting with my friends.