Monday, November 16, 2009

Picking Up Where I Left Off

So I know I have neglected to update in forever. I am really trying my best to not get obsessed with the whole process.


So let me see… I just finished my third cycle on Clomid, this cycle I took 150mg. Today is CD32, I did not ovulate this cycle.


I had my first Reproductive Endocrinologist appointment with Dr. Slackman on Wednesday, November 11. It was a good appointment. He did an ultrasound of my ovaries and didn’t seem to find any red flags.


I started Provera last night and will take it for seven days. The first day of my period I will call Dr. Slackman’s office for a baseline ultrasound. Then the day after my period ends, I will go back in for a Sonohysterogram (SHG) which is a Saline Ultrasound for the diagnosis of uterine abnormalities. This will help the doctor check for fibroids in my uterus. My mom had to have a hysterectomy because of a large fibroid, so he wants to rule out that possibility. I am fairly certain I will have no issues. The day of this visit I will also get a new RX for Clomid, probably 200mg.
I will then return to the office around cycle day 13 or 14 for another ultrasound to check for the development of follicles. If it’s found that I have follicles that are mature enough for fertilization they will give me a “trigger shot” of HCG, the hormone that tells the egg to release.

Then we will go on and “do the deed” until I am outside of the fertility window.

I did purchase Pre-Seed for this cycle. I am concerned with the trigger I make got get the proper cervical mucus consistency. The Pre-Seed has led to many pregnancies, so I am hoping the same will be true for me.

I am excited about this cycle. I certainly hope this is the cycle I get pregnant on. I am going to take my vitamins and extra Folic Acid, and hope for the best!

No comments: