Monday, May 28, 2012

Those PROUD Mom Moments

My girls do make me proud often.  I need to remember to visit their school and classes more often to remind myself of how AWESOME they are.  They behave, they listen, and they are very smart.

As we end the school year, I am reminded of when they first came and Layla had previously been thrown out of daycare, she didn't know her ABC's or how to count to 10, and I was scared she was going to be very far behind in class.  I am so happy my fears were not met in reality!  She is so smart!  She reads, writes, does basic math, she can count to 100 and keep going.  I am very proud of her accomplishments this year.  For a girl who went through a ton of change, she came out shining like the sun!   In July she will start the first grade, and I know it will be just as great!   I should also add that she comes home with a positive report every day.  We've had a few minor things but they are so normal for a Kindergartener I don't even care.  I know she is one of the better behaved kids in class, especially after chaperoning a field trip last week where I couldn't believe how unruly some of her classmates were.  I am so proud of her!  Here are a few shots from the field trip.





Makayla ended this school year on a high note as well.  Since she is only in 2nd grade, they didn't have any state testing, but they did do testing to prepare them for 3rd grade and measure their knowledge.   I am so impressed with my girl.  She might be the girl who rocks, fidgets, and blurts out things, but she is also one smart little lady.  On the math portion of the test, she scored a 93% (A- or 4- where we live).  She was in the top of the class as far as her score went.  As for the reading portion, she scored a 98% (A+ or 4+) and her score was the highest in her entire class.  I was so proud of her when I found this out at my conference last week, but more importantly, she was very proud of herself!   We do have some work to do in the area of writing, she has a difficult time focusing and giving detail to her writing.  She tends to "bottom-line" everything in a summary instead of truly detailing what happened.   We're working on this at home though, and I am already seeing progress. 

Last Friday was Makayla's end of the year music performance.  She was very nervous, but did just fine.  Here are a few pictures of her with her class.  She is on the back row (tallest of course).




I am so proud... I can't believe the change in my girls, and the amazing little ladies they are growing to be. 

We took some family shots at a local park in support of unconventional families across North Carolina.  I can't wait to see the final product, but these are a few we took with my phone after the professional shoot, and I think they turned out very cute. 




No comments: