Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Becoming a CASA

I'll admit I've felt a little out of sorts over the last year.  Leaving my awesome job, moving, helping the girls heal more, and working on finding my role in my own life has been hard.  I wish I could go back to work full-time but it just is not feasible at this point.  The girls have appointments to work around, track out, etc. and I would virtually work to pay for their child-care and camps. 

With that said, I need to do something.  I need to fill this time without a "job" with something I feel passionate about.  I want to go back to work one day when the demands of our family are less, and I hope I am able to pursue something in the human services field, and have considered getting my degree as a LCSW.  

In the meantime, I just sent in my application to become a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate).  I feel that I can help children, share my knowledge, and support families.  

I will post more when I know more! 


1 comment:

Last Mom said...

I had lunch with our former case worker just last week who is now the volunteer coordinator for guardian ad litem in our area. She asked for my help spreading the word.